Are you an Expert Witness or someone who regularly instructs Expert Witnesses? Are you clear on the role, duties and obligations of an Expert Witness?
The Expert Witness Conference 2021
6 General CPD hours over 2 half days
Thursday 25th and Friday 26th February 9.30 am – 1.00 pm
Chaired by The Honourable Mr. Justice Michael Peart
The importance of Expert Witnesses being independent and owing their principal duties to the Court was recently highlighted in the High Court judgment of McKillen v Tynan  IEHC 189.
This not to be missed conference will give you the opportunity to hear from and ask questions of leading experts in this area and ensure you are fully up to date on all recent developments on Expert Evidence.
Key Learning Points
- The Definition of an Expert Witness and ensuring the correct Expert is instructed
- Addressing and Managing Conflicts of Interest and Unconscious Bias
- The Expert’s Investigation
- Adverse Findings and Costs Orders against Expert Witnesses
- Codes of Practice and Guidance
- Taking the Witness Box: Do you have to be a lamb to the slaughter? Includes a role play involving an experienced Expert and practising Barrister
Note: As a valued partner we are pleased to offer you a preferred booking rate of €199 per person (for information: the full fee is €265).
This means you can avail of the “group rate” booking option of our website for any number of bookings for your organisation, including single bookings.